The Sanskrit Scholarship 2023, initiated by the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan in Delhi, aims to promote the Sanskrit language among students pursuing schooling and college-level degrees. This scholarship encourages students to embrace Sanskrit and contributes to the preservation of its rich cultural heritage and history. Throughout this comprehensive guide, we will cover the application process, eligibility criteria, scholarship amounts, and other important details about the scholarship.
The Objective of the Sanskrit Scholarship
The primary objective of the Sanskrit Scholarship is to foster the adoption and study of the Sanskrit language, motivating students to become custodians of its cultural heritage. Additionally, the scholarship recognizes and rewards students studying in classes 9th to 12th, as well as undergraduate (UG), postgraduate (PG), and Ph.D. levels who demonstrate proficiency in Sanskrit.
Central Sanskrit University
A Deemed University As per the norms set by the University Grants Commission (UGC), the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, also known as CSU, has been designated as a deemed university. This recognition was granted by the Ministry of Human Resource Development in collaboration with the Department of Higher & Secondary Education. CSU offers higher education opportunities for students aspiring to pursue advanced studies in the Sanskrit language.
Preserving Language Knowledge The Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan has spearheaded the Bharatavani Project, aimed at disseminating knowledge of all languages spoken in India through multimedia platforms, including text, audio, video, and images. This initiative emphasizes the creation of an Open Knowledge Society, promoting linguistic diversity and preserving linguistic heritage.
List of Regular Courses
CSU offers a range of regular courses for students interested in Sanskrit language studies. Some of the courses available are:
- Prak Shastri
- Shiksha Shastri
- Shiksha Acharya
- Vidya Varidhi
Last Date of Sanskrit Scholarship
As of now, the specific last date for applying online for the Sanskrit Scholarship 2023 has not been announced or provided in the information available. It is advisable to regularly check the official website or other reliable sources for updates regarding the last date of application submission. Once the last date is announced, it is crucial to ensure that you submit your application before the specified deadline to be considered for the scholarship. Stay updated with the latest notifications and announcements to maximize your chances of availing this scholarship opportunity.
To be eligible for the Sanskrit Scholarship 2023, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Citizenship: Applicants must be permanent citizens of India.
- Institution: Students must be enrolled at the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan.
- Grade Levels: The scholarship is open to students in classes 9th to 12th, as well as UG, PG, and Ph.D. students.
- Minimum Marks: Applicants must secure a minimum of 60% marks in their previous year’s examination.
The Sanskrit Scholarship offers numerous benefits to deserving students:
- Cultural Preservation: By providing financial assistance, the government aims to preserve the rich cultural heritage and history of the Sanskrit language.
- Language Study: Students receiving the scholarship can pursue various Sanskrit language courses, encouraging further study and specialization.
- Institutions of Excellence: The government has established institutions of excellence to support the preservation of Sanskrit and provide higher education opportunities.
- Financial Assistance: The scholarship offers monthly financial assistance to students based on their grade level:
- Class 9th and 10th: Rs. 500/- per month
- Class 11th and 12th: Rs. 600/- per month
- UG or BA: Rs. 800/- per month
- PG or MA: Rs. 1000/- per month
- Ph.D.: Rs. 2500/- per month
- Scholarship Duration: The duration of the scholarship varies based on the degree pursued:
- Class 9th and 10th: 10 months
- Class 11th and 12th: 10 months
- UG or BA: 10 months
- PG or MA: 10 months
- Ph.D.: 24 months (2 years)
The Sanskrit Scholarship application process is online. However, specific details regarding the application procedure are not provided in the available information. To apply, candidates are advised to visit the official website of the scholarship. The website will likely contain comprehensive information about the application process, including application forms, guidelines, and submission deadlines. It is important to monitor the website regularly for updates and announcements related to the scholarship.
- Mike Rowe Scholarship 2023: How to Apply, Requirements, and More
- Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship 2023
- Food Bill Scholarship Gujarat 2023
Applicants must gather the following important documents before applying for the Sanskrit Scholarship:
- Aadhar card: A mandatory identification document.
- PAN card: Proof of Permanent Account Number.
- Income certificate: A document validating the applicant’s family income.
- Educational certificate: Proof of enrollment at the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan.
- Caste certificate (if applicable): Required for applicants from SC/ST communities.
- Residence certificate: An official document verifying the applicant’s place of residence issued by the competent authority.
- Proof of bank account details: Bank account information for scholarship disbursal.
- Latest passport-size photograph: A recent photograph of the applicant.
- PWD certificate (if applicable): Required for applicants with disabilities.
- Working mobile number: A functional contact number for communication purposes.
- Active email address: An active email address for correspondence.
The selection of candidates for the Sanskrit Scholarship follows a structured process:
- Selection Committee: A dedicated selection committee, appointed by the scholarship authorities, carries out the selection procedure.
- Recommendations and Approval: The committee’s recommendations are subject to approval by the GIAC (Government of India Advisory Committee).
- Cut-off Marks: The beneficiary list is prepared based on cut-off marks determined by the selection committee.
- Scholarship Disbursement: Shortlisted students receive the scholarship amounts directly in their bank accounts.
For any queries or assistance regarding the Sanskrit Scholarship, you can refer to the following contact information:
Office Address: Central Sanskrit University 56-57, Institutional Area, Janakpuri, New Delhi-110058
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Helpline Number: 011-28520977
The Sanskrit Scholarship 2023, introduced by the Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, aims to inspire and support students in pursuing studies in the Sanskrit language. This scholarship not only provides financial assistance but also plays a crucial role in preserving the cultural heritage and history associated with Sanskrit. By offering scholarships to students at various educational levels, the government encourages the study and adoption of Sanskrit, ensuring its continuity for generations to come. Eligible students can apply online by following the application process detailed on the official website. For more information and updates, applicants are advised to regularly visit the scholarship’s official website and refer to the provided contact details for any inquiries or assistance.