It is an initiative launched by the Gujarat government to provide food stipends to students from weaker backgrounds with the Food Bill Scholarship, which is also known as the Bhojan Bill Sahay Yojana. The initiative targets students from low-income families. This scholarship program aims to support students belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC) and Other Backward Classes (OBC) who face financial constraints while pursuing their education. In this article, we will discuss the last date to apply for the Food Bill Scholarship 2023 and the required documents for the application process.
Last Date for Digital Gujarat Food Bill Scholarship 2023
The last date to apply for the Digital Gujarat Food Bill Scholarship 2023 is an important consideration for eligible students. It is crucial to be aware of the application deadline to ensure timely submission. For the Food Bill Scholarship, the application deadline is set as “December 23”. Students must complete the application process, including uploading the necessary documents, before this date to be considered for the scholarship. For applicants to avoid any last-minute rush and to ensure all requirements are met, it is best to start the application process as early as possible to avoid any last-minute rush.
Required Documents for Food Bill Scholarship 2023
To successfully apply for the Food Bill Scholarship 2023, applicants must gather the required documents. These documents play a vital role in verifying the eligibility and background of the students. Here is a list of the essential documents that applicants need to provide:
- Proof of Identification: This includes documents such as an Aadhar card, Voter ID, Ration card, or PAN card, which serve as proof of the applicant’s identity.
- Caste Certificate: Applicants must submit a valid caste certificate to confirm their eligibility under the SC/ST or OBC category.
- Family Income Certificate: A document stating the annual household income should be provided to demonstrate financial need.
- Fee Receipt: Students need to submit a fee receipt for the currently enrolled course to validate their educational program.
- Current College Bonafide Certificate: This certificate proves the student’s enrollment in a medical or engineering program.
- Previous Year Marksheet: Students should provide the mark sheet of the previous academic year as a record of their educational progress.
- School Leaving Certificate: This certificate confirms that the applicant has completed their previous education and is eligible for higher studies.
- Hostel Certificate (if applicable): Students residing in hostels must submit a certificate confirming their hostel accommodation.
- Break Affidavit (if applicable): In the case of a gap year or more between education, students need to submit a break affidavit explaining the reasons for the gap.
- Bank Account Passbook: A valid bank account passbook is required for scholarship fund disbursal.
Note: It is essential to ensure that all documents are up-to-date, legible, and provided in the required format (usually PDF).
Read Also: Atal Bihari Vajpayee Scholarship 2023
How to Apply for Food Bill Scholarship 2023
To apply for the Food Bill Scholarship 2023, students need to follow a step-by-step online application process. Here’s a guide on how to apply:
- Visit the official website of the Food Bill Scholarship program. The website’s URL is https://gueedconline.gujarat.gov.in/.
- On the homepage, locate and click on the “New Registration” link to initiate the application process.
- Fill in the registration form with accurate details and submit it.
- After registration, log in to the website using the provided credentials to access the application form.
- Complete the application form by providing the necessary information and ensuring that all the details are accurate.
- Upload the scanned copies of the required documents in PDF format, as specified in the guidelines.
- Review the application form carefully to ensure that all information is correct and all documents have been properly attached.
- Once you are satisfied with the application, click on the “Submit” button to finalize the submission.
- After submitting the application, the selection committee of the scholarship program will review all the applications received.
- The selection committee will assess the eligibility and merit of the applicants and select the deserving candidates for the Food Bill Scholarship.
- If your application is successful, you will be notified about the scholarship award and further instructions regarding the disbursal of funds.
- It is essential to keep track of any updates or notifications regarding the scholarship application through the official website or any other communication channels mentioned by the scholarship authorities.
The Food Bill Scholarship 2023 provides significant financial assistance to students from weaker backgrounds who are pursuing medical or engineering courses in Gujarat. To apply for this scholarship, eligible students must be aware of the last date of application, which is December 23. Additionally, they need to gather and submit all the required documents, including proof of identification, caste certificate, income certificate, fee receipt, bonafide certificate, mark sheet, and other supporting documents. By following the prescribed online application process and providing accurate information, students can increase their chances of receiving the monthly food bill reimbursement of 1500 INR for 10 months, easing their financial burden and ensuring their nutritional needs are met.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Which states are providing the Food Bill Scholarship?
The Food Bill Scholarship is offered by the government of Gujarat as part of the Digital Gujarat Scholarship program.
I am pursuing Engineering. Can I apply for this scheme?
Yes, students from both medical and engineering fields are eligible to apply for the Food Bill Scholarship, provided they meet the other eligibility criteria.
For whom is the Food Bill Scholarship available?
The Food Bill Scholarship is available for students belonging to backward classes such as Other Backward Classes (OBC), Scheduled Castes (SC), and Scheduled Tribes (ST) categories.
How can I contact the authorities for more information about the scholarship program?
For further information or any queries related to the Food Bill Scholarship program, you can contact the helpline numbers: 079-23258688 and 079-23258684. Alternatively, you can also reach out to the scholarship authorities through email.
How much compensation will I receive under this scholarship?
The Food Bill Scholarship provides a monthly reimbursement of 1500 INR for 10 months, covering the mess meal expenses of the recipients.
Can I apply for the scholarship if my annual household income exceeds 2.5 lakh Indian rupees?
No, according to the eligibility criteria, the candidate’s annual household income cannot exceed 2.5 lakh Indian rupees in order to be eligible for the Food Bill Scholarship.
Is the scholarship application process online?
Yes, the application process for the Food Bill Scholarship is conducted online. Applicants need to visit the official website and complete the registration and application forms, along with uploading the required documents.
Are there any specific documents required for students residing in hostels?
Yes, students residing in hostels need to submit a hostel certificate to confirm their accommodation arrangements.
What is the duration of the Food Bill Scholarship program?
The Food Bill Scholarship provides assistance for a period of 10 months every year, offering relief in mess bill expenses to the beneficiaries.