The Mahajyoti scholarship is a prestigious scheme aimed at providing financial assistance to students from disadvantaged backgrounds pursuing a full-time Ph.D. in any subject at recognized universities, colleges, or institutes in India. Designed to support candidates from Other Backward Classes (OBCs), Deprived Castes, Nomadic Tribes, and Special Backward Classes in Maharashtra, this fellowship serves as a stepping stone for aspiring researchers, enabling them to contribute to the advancement of knowledge in their chosen fields.
The Objective of the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Research Fellowship
The primary objective of the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Research Fellowship is to provide financial support to candidates from marginalized communities in Maharashtra who are pursuing a Ph.D. This fellowship aims to promote research, encourage academic excellence, and bridge the socio-economic gap by empowering deserving students to pursue their doctoral studies.
Eligibility Criteria for the Mahajyoti Scholarship
To be eligible for the Mahajyoti Scholarship, candidates must fulfill certain criteria:
- This program is open to people of all communities living in Maharashtra, who are classified as Other Backward Classes (OBC), Deprived Castes, Nomadic Tribes, or Special Backward Classes, depending on their category of origin.
- A candidate should be from a non-criminal income group in order to be considered.
- A postgraduate examination from a recognized university, college, or institution is required.
- The candidate must be registered with an accredited Indian university or institution for a full and regular Ph.D. course. Unregistered individuals are not eligible.
- Candidates already receiving financial assistance or scholarships from the University Grants Commission (UGC) or other institutions are not eligible for this fellowship.
- Individuals who have received financial assistance from Sarathi or are self-employed during their M.Phil. studies are also ineligible.
- Candidates who have registered for M.Phil. after April 2019 are eligible to apply.
Fellowship Benefits and Financial Assistance
The Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Research Fellowship provides a range of benefits to support Ph.D. candidates:
- Monthly Stipend: Fellows receive a monthly stipend of ₹31,000 to cover their living expenses during the research period.
- Contingency Costs: A contingency grant of ₹12,000 is provided for social sciences, commerce, management, and other disciplines, while ₹12,000 is allocated for science, engineering, technology, and agricultural technology disciplines.
- Assistant Allowance for Disabled Candidates: An additional monthly allowance of ₹2,000 is provided to disabled candidates.
- The fellowship also covers expenses related to research work, such as field visits, data collection, and conference attendance.
The selection process for the Mahajyoti Scholarship follows these steps:
- Candidates must submit their application online along with all the required documents.
- The applications are scrutinized, and a list of eligible candidates for the interview is announced on the Mahajyoti website.
- Subject matter experts interview shortlisted candidates.
- The final selection is made based on the interview performance, and the names of the selected candidates are published on the Mahajyoti website and communicated in person.
Required Documents for Application
Applicants must provide the following documents while applying for the Mahajyoti Scholarship:
- Recruitment Certificate: Mahajyoti must receive a certificate of reconciliation, jointly signed by the Head of the Guide and Research Center, along with other necessary documents, confirming that the university/institute/college has been reconciled.
- Half-Yearly Progress Report: Within six months of the date of registration, each beneficiary will be required to submit a research progress report.
- Extension Certificate: It is required that the extension certificate be submitted if there has been an extension granted by the university/college/institution for the Ph.D.
- Attendance Certificate: An attendance certificate that has been certified by the research guide must be obtained in order to participate in the research.
- Certificate of Completion of Research/Certificate of Commencement: Candidates should provide the certificate indicating the completion or commencement of their research work.
- Notification of Declaration of Ph.D./Ph.D. Certificate of Registration: Official documentation confirming the declaration of Ph.D. or registration certificate must be included.
- Photo and Signature Scanned Copy: A scanned copy of the applicant’s photograph and signature should be provided.
- Caste Certificate: Candidates need to submit a valid caste certificate as proof of their belonging to the specified backward classes.
- Non-Criminal Certificate: A certificate verifying the candidate’s non-criminal background is required.
- Identity Card: A scanned copy of an official identity card such as an Aadhaar card, PAN card, vehicle license, or passport is necessary.
- Research Report: Candidates must submit a research report outlining their proposed or ongoing research work.
Read Also: Food Bill Scholarship Gujarat 2023
How to Apply for the Mahajyoti Scholarship?
Interested candidates can apply for the Mahajyoti Scholarship by visiting the official website of Mahajyoti and completing the online application form. On the website, there is a link that will take you to the application form. In order to ensure that your application is filled out correctly, you should carefully read the instructions and guidelines before starting. All required documents must be uploaded as per the instructions provided.
For any queries or further information regarding the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Research Fellowship, applicants can reach out to the fellowship team using the following contact details:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mobile: 7066888845
- Website: https://mahajyoti.org.in
The Mahajyoti Scholarship serves as a significant opportunity for students from disadvantaged backgrounds in Maharashtra to pursue their Ph.D. dreams. By providing financial assistance, this fellowship empowers talented individuals to engage in research and contribute to the advancement of knowledge across various disciplines. The fellowship’s comprehensive benefits, rigorous selection process, and support for marginalized communities make it a valuable resource for aspiring researchers. Through the Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Research Fellowship, Maharashtra strives to promote inclusivity and foster academic excellence in research and higher education.